Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 68 {Wedding Planning}

An Ode to Wedding Planning:

Oh wedding planning, you are the ones I spend most of my time with these days (along with my fiancee) and sometimes you drive me crazy, but all in all it's also fun to dream of my day of being a princess and a bride {a princess bride} to my dearest one. You have placed me on a journey towards strength, love, and patience in a new way that ever before.

Since November, the time of my engagement, life has speed up quickly! After Parker proposed to me two days before Thanksgiving 2009, we set our date for April 3, 2010. We saw no need to wait any longer and that gave us a solid 4 months of wedding planning. It has been challenging, but God has really provided and graced us with incredible friends and family who are willing to help in big & small ways. Not to mention Parker has been the most amazing fiancee in the world during this time. He is so supportive, sweet, giving, loving, and FUN and I get to MARRY HIM!

Wedding planning has been more for me than finding my dress (which I did in a short two weeks of being engaged) or picking out table centerpieces. It's been about finding out how strong I am with God's grace and the love of others around me.

At the end of most days I am totally exhausted, but it's in those moments that I remember that the end goal is to marry Parker Lane Bailey. The details don't matter. At the end of my wedding day I'll be surrounded with people who love and I love dearly, and even if that weren't to happen I'll have Parker. He's THE one, the one I will lock eyes with at as I walk down the aisle. It's God's love for both of us that has brought us together and will make us one. What more could a girl ever ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment