Friday, February 11, 2011

"There is None like You in All your Might"



Jeremiah 10:6


Last Christmas my dearly beloved friend gave me a devotional that I adore and has greatly impacted my life. This is an excerpt from my devotional today that resounded so deeply with my spirit, put a skip in my step, and peace in my mind. May one of the many sweet promises of our Almighty Father bless you tonight also.

"O Lord Most High, You rule over the heavens and the earth, for You made all things by Your great power, and You keep them existing and working by Your mighty Word. You are exalted above every start and galaxy in the entire cosmos... yet You are also the God of all mankind, the great, and personally present, personally involved God who loves, rescues, and takes care of all who trust You.

I praise You for Your sovereignty over the broad events of my life and over the details. With You nothing is accidental, nothing is incidental, and no experience is wasted. You hold in Your own power my breath of life and all my destiny. And every trial that You allow to happen is a platform on which you reveal Yourself, showing Your love and power, both to me and to others looking on. Thank You that I can move into the future non-defensively, with hands outstretched to whatever lies ahead, for You hold the future and You will always be with me, even to my old age... and through all eternity."

~ 31 Days of Praise By Ruth Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment