Monday, January 3, 2011

A New Spin On New Years




I was telling Parker a few days ago that I really love New Years. To me New Years means new beginnings, fresh starts, time to rethink and recreate my plans and goals for my life now and in the future.

Most Americans love to make New Years resolutions. I use to be a die hard "resolutioner" and my promises of new behaviors almost always were associated with working out or not biting my nails. Parker and I actually just wrote in my journal a few days ago some “resolutions” for this year. Our focus is on a lifestyle change, a change of character, something we all should do aim to do everyday... to be more like Jesus. We are always on the Potter's wheel being broken and reshaped into a more beautiful image of Christ. It's a glorious process to be embraced with an joyful heart.

Resolutions to remember for 2011
~ Eat healthier.
~ Run my first half marathon! 3.20.11
~ Read my bible EVERYDAY.
~ Trust in God for everything daily!
~ Rest in God everyday in every circumstance.
~ Make no excuses for my actions that are immature or selfish.
~ Be at peace in God in the middle of the storms of life.
~ Spend more time with my family.
~ Love unconditionally, forgive like crazy, and have tons GRACE for myself and others around me.
~ Join a married couple community group with my hubby.

Prayer for 2011
God help me to honor you in all these goals this year. I open and welcome your plans for my life. In all things I surrender my life to you and offer it up as a living sacrifice of praise to you. Let it be pleasing!! No matter how I feel I will to pick up my cross and follow after you. Speak to me about your will and let me follow the lead of the Holy Spirit in my daily interactions, conversations, and being. Shine through me brightly! Thank you for giving me the best year of my life last year. I can't wait to see what you have in store this year. <3

1 comment:

  1. Amen, such a sweet prayer! BTW, John & I share #10 w/you two!

    ReplyDelete