Saturday, December 11, 2010

Lessons My First Graders Taught Me



{My adorable class on pajama day! They earned this by filling up the marble jar with good behavior moments.}

At the end of this year I will have taught 1st grade consecutively for three years!

It has and hasn't felt like I've been working in the "real world" for 3 years.
In this time period I've moved 3 times, meet tons of new amazing friends, started to truly grow up {yay for wearing big girl pants}, started attending a new church, AND changed my name {my personal favorite}... but wait... I was just wearing that cap and gown. Oh, for the love of the journey!

As you can imagine I've had the honor of teaching some really adorable, hilarious, bright, fantastic 6 and 7 year olds. My students are my absolute heart- the reason I smile at my job more often than not. Truly they are like my own children. They have taught me just as much as I've taught them, they just don't know it! So here {lifting my glass} is to lessons taught to a 20 something first grade teacher by many 6 to 7 years olds. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment